PM Modi: On Friday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be in Varanasi, his home constituency, to lay the cornerstone for India’s first and third public transportation ropeway. In addition, he will speak at the “One Global TB Summit” in honour of World Tuberculosis Day and unveil development projects worth more than Rs 1,780 crore.
A Pilgrim’s Dream Come True, Varanasi to Get First Public Ropeway
Vice-President of the Varanasi Development Authority (VDA), Abhishek Goyal, stated, “The nation’s first public transportation ropeway would run in its initial phase between Cantt and Godaulia in Kashi. Pilgrims will be able to use the ropeway after the project is complete to travel to Godaulia, Kashi Vishwanath Temple, and Dashashwamedh Ghat. They wouldn’t have to deal with gridlock on the highways thanks to this service.”
Must Read: IPL 2023: Why is RCB struggling to win the title? Chris Gayle reveals the surprising reason
Development Projects and Some Key Points
- At a cost of Rs 645 crore, the ropeway project will connect Godowlia to Varanasi Cantt station. The 3.75 kilometre ropeway system will include five stations, making it easier for Varanasi inhabitants, tourists, and pilgrims to move about and travel.
- The ropeway’s completion will make it easier for pilgrims to reach the Kashi Vishwanath Corridor. After Bolivia and Mexico City, Anurag Tripathi, project director for National Highways Logistics Pvt Ltd, predicted that India would be the third nation in the world to have a ropeway for public transportation.
- The TB-free panchayat effort, the official nationwide implementation of a shorter TB Preventative Treatment (TPT), and a family-centric care approach for TB are just a few of the measures that PM Modi will announce at the “One Global TB Summit” and address. On Friday, the Prime Minister will also present India’s yearly TB Report 2023.
- PM Modi will dedicate and lay the cornerstones for projects totaling over Rs 1,780 crore at a ceremony on the grounds of the Sampurnanand Sanskrit University.
- A 55 MLD sewage treatment plant in Bhagwanpur is one among them. This will be carried out as part of the Namami Ganga Project, the development of which is estimated to cost about Rs 300 crore.
- The Prime Minister will lay the cornerstone for Phases 2 and 3 of the Sigra Stadium’s reconstruction project as part of the Khelo India Plan.
- Additionally, he will dedicate 19 drinking water programmes under the Jal Jeevan Program for the benefit of nearly three lakh persons in roughly 63 panchayats.
- He will also lay the cornerstone for 59 drinking water schemes that are part of the mission, which will enhance the rural drinking water system even further.
Must Read: Infant crushed under police boots, Six cops face FIR and five suspended, VIDEO
Keep watching our YouTube Channel ‘ News NCR’. Also, please subscribe and follow us on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and TWITTER.