Listeriosis is a serious infection usually caused by eating food contaminated with the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes. About 1,600 people get listeriosis each year.
Image Credit source: freepik
Paneer is considered very beneficial for our health. But in Britain, a person died after eating paneer. This must be sounding very strange? Please tell that after eating cheese, this person was in the grip of a serious infection named Listeria, due to which he died. english newspaper the sun According to the report, Listeria infection originated due to contamination of cheese. At the same time, after this death, the UK authorities have issued an immediate warning to people to stop eating contaminated cheese.
baronet cheese recalled
Earlier, Britain’s Food Standards Agency recalled some batches of Baronet cheese made in Wiltshire. Experts say that three cases of listeria reported in Britain are related to Baronet cheese. Let us tell you that baronet is pasteurized soft cheese, which is light orange in appearance. The fragrance of this paneer is also very strong.
Experts also say that this paneer is sometimes served sliced from a deli counter. So it is not clear whether you have bought contaminated paneer or not.
warnings issued to the public
UK authorities have asked people to contact the retail shopkeepers from where they bought the cheese. This will help in ascertaining whether the baronet cheese they have bought is from the affected batch or not. Along with this, he has also been advised not to eat baronet cheese.
what is listeria
Center for Disease Control and Prevention According to the WHO, listeriosis is a serious infection usually caused by eating food contaminated with the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes. About 1,600 people get listeriosis every year and about 260 die. This infection affects more pregnant women and their newborns, people 65 years or older and people with weak immune systems.
: Language Inputs