The deadline to link PAN-Aadhaar is fast approaching. Now only one week is left to link these two important documents.
The deadline to link PAN-Aadhaar is fast approaching.
Image Credit source: Representational Image
The deadline to link PAN-Aadhaar is fast approaching. Now only one week is left to link these two important documents. Failure to do so will render your Permanent Account Number or PAN useless. And hence using PAN will not be able to avail the benefits of important government services. Let us know how you can link Aadhaar with PAN.
- Type UIDPAN .
- Send this SMS to 56161 or 567678 using your registered mobile number.
Through the portal of Income Tax Department
- First of all, visit the e-filing portal https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/ of the IT department.
- After this, under the Quick Links section of the webpage, click on the Link Aadhaar option.
- This will take you to a new page, where you will have to enter the name like PAN number, Aadhaar number and other important details.
How to check whether PAN is linked with Aadhaar or not
- Check PAN-Aadhaar link status without signing in at www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/.
- On the e-filing portal homepage, go to Quick Links and click on Link Aadhaar Status.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number and click on View link Aadhaar Status.
- You will see a message that your PAN-Aadhaar has been linked or is in process.
If PAN is not linked with Aadhaar by March 31, these services will stop:
- You will not be able to file tax return using invalid PAN.
- There will be no processing of outstanding tax returns.
- Outstanding tax refund cannot be issued to an invalid PAN.
- Once the PAN becomes inoperative, the problem return cannot be processed further.
- If the PAN becomes inoperative, tax will be deducted at the higher rate.
Overall, if you do not link PAN-Aadhaar, it will be of no use from April 1. After this you will not be able to file income tax return. To do this work from April 1, you will have to pay a fine of Rs 10,000.
: Language Inputs