Imran Khan: In many cities of Pakistan including Lahore, there is an uproar regarding former Prime Minister Imran Khan. Imran’s supporters are on the streets against his arrest.
Image Credit source: PTI
Lahore: in Pakistan Imran Khan There has been an uproar over the arrest of Supporters of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party continue to clash with the police outside Imran’s residence in Lahore. Along with this, demonstrations are also being held in many big cities of the country. Imran Khan released the video asking people to come out.
After this, protests also started in many cities including Islamabad, Peshawar, Karachi, Faisalabad and Quetta. At the same time, the police is intermittently firing tear gas shells in Lahore. PTI workers have surrounded Imran’s residence as well as the road leading to Canal Road.
Since morning, in spite of indiscriminate use of state machinery, lathi charge, tear gas shelling, water canons, the youth are standing firm with Imran Khan, the hope of the nation. hasher khan derani
— PTI (@PTIofficial) Mar 14, 2023
read this also: Imran became emotional in the 72-second video, said – do not care about dying – fought the war for life, now get out
Read here the big updates of this case
- PTI leader Fawad Chaudhary has appealed to Pakistan’s Chief Justice Umar Ata Bandial to stop the ongoing police action outside Imran Khan’s house in Lahore. He tweeted that the Chief Justice of Pakistan should look into the arrest of Imran Khan and stop the police action.
- Fawad Chaudhary has said that Imran Khan will not surrender before the police. He can surrender in the court. He says that he cannot surrender before the police because his life is in danger. The police should be removed so that they can surrender in the court.
- DIG of Islamabad injured in clash with PTI workers in Lahore. Police used tear gas as well as water cannon on Imran’s supporters.
- To control the protesters, the police also lathi-charged, while the supporters pelted stones at the police. 5 police officers were injured. Many supporters have also been hurt in the clash. Rangers have been deployed outside Zaman Park.
- Non-bailable warrant has been issued against Imran Khan in the Toshakhana case. There will be a hearing on this in the Islamabad High Court tomorrow i.e. on March 15.
- Mobile signals have been switched off in Lahore where Imran Khan’s house is. Local TV channels have also stopped broadcasting.
- Interim Information Minister of Punjab Government Aamir Mir said that Punjab Police is assisting Islamabad Police in arresting Imran Khan.
- In Peshawar, a large number of PTI supporters demonstrated outside the Press Club. Blocked Shershah Suri Road and marched towards the Governor’s House.
- Releasing the video, Imran Khan said that Allah has given me everything and I am fighting this battle for you. I have been fighting a war all my life and will continue to fight in the future. If anything happens to me or I am taken to jail or I am killed, then you have to prove that you will fight even without Imran Khan and will not accept the slavery of these thieves.
- Home Minister Rana Sanaullah said that the police will arrest Imran Khan as per the instructions of the court and present him in the court.
- Ever since Imran was ousted from power, 81 cases have been registered against him in 11 months. Now the sword of arrest is also hanging on him.
- PTI leader Farooq Habib said that whatever happens, Imran Khan will not surrender to the police in fake cases. The Islamabad High Court today suspended the arrest warrant in the case of threatening a woman judge. Let’s see what new warrant the police have come up with.
- The leader of the ruling party PMLN, Maryam Nawaz Sharif, said that when the court calls, he shows his plastered leg and today when the police came, he entered the bulletproof room.
read this also: What is the sword hanging on the head, in the Toshakhana case, in which the police reached to arrest Imran Khan
: Language Inputs