Home and away format is returning with IPL 2023, due to which Lucknow Super Giants and Gujarat Titans will get a chance to play as home team for the first time in their respective home grounds.
Image Credit source: BCCI
New Delhi: The world’s largest cricket stadium is starting the new season of the Indian Premier League from today. At the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad when champions Gujarat Titans and Chennai Super Kings If they collide, then the journey of the 16th season of IPL, which will last for two months, will begin. Not only will a new season start with this match, but many such special things or things will also start, due to which IPL 2023 has become a hit even before it starts.
There will be 70 matches between the ten teams for the next about 8 weeks, after which only four teams will be left, who will make it to the playoffs. Out of these, only two teams will reach the title match on May 28 and will get the champion of IPL 2023. This time, however, the decision of the champion can be affected by many new rules. By the way, not only new rules or new champion, but this season is going to be special because of some other things as well.
read this also: GT vs CSK IPL 2023 Preview: Champion Gujarat will start at home, how will Chennai overcome without Dhoni?
10 things that will happen for the first time in IPL 2023
- IPL 2023 season will be played in 12 venues, in which there are venues like Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi Bangalore and Ahmedabad, as well as Guwahati will also see the color of IPL this time. For the first time, IPL matches will be played in Northeast India. Rajasthan will play its two matches in Guwahati.
- Not only Guwahati, but for the first time IPL matches will also be played in Lucknow. Earlier in Uttar Pradesh, matches were played at the Green Park Stadium in Kanpur from 2016 to 2018.
- The Home and Away format is making a comeback this season. In such a situation, for the first time, Gujarat Titans and Lucknow Super Giants will get a chance to play matches at their respective home grounds. Gujarat had played last season in Ahmedabad but it was a direct final match.
- Apart from this, the Impact Player rule is also being introduced in IPL 2023. Under this, in any match, both the teams can replace one player from the playing eleven and include any of the additional players in the team at any time during bowling or batting.
- In this season, the captains will have the option of choosing the playing XI based on the result of the toss. Under this, the captain will keep two playing eleven during the toss and will be able to release the playing eleven accordingly when bowling or batting comes. Along with this, they will also name 4 additional players, out of which one can be fielded as an impact player.
- In this season, not only the wicket, but also the decision of the umpire can be challenged on no ball and wide ball. For this the captain/player will be able to use DRS.
- The May 6 match between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings will create a special record. This will be the 1000th match of IPL history.
- For the first time in IPL, England’s legendary batsman and former captain Joe Root will also be seen playing. Root was bought by Rajasthan Royals in the last auction.
- Talking about the rules, this time the punishment for not completing the overs in the stipulated time will be more severe. The guilty team will be able to deploy only 4 fielders instead of 5 outside the radius of 30 yards during the remaining overs.
- Apart from this, if the wicketkeeper or any fielder moves unnecessarily during batting, due to which the attention of the batsman is distracted, then if found guilty, the fielding team will be penalized and the batting team will get 5 runs.
Also read: MS Dhoni will not play the first match of IPL 2023! Many troubles broke on CSK simultaneously